Safely test and improve your freediving limits with a team of Italian free dive instructors right by your side. Enjoy the beauty of Lake Como, the intrigue of the Y40 42 meter indoor pool, and explore Florence, Italy.
Nicola Manfredi of Moving Limits and Roberto Pusinelli of Under Training Gym in Switzerland will guide the DFAC team in Italy.
This free dive strengthening and conditioning program is hosted by Level II SSI instructors Nicola Manfredi and Roberto Pusinelli. We begin at Lake Como, Italy where we will team with our Italian friends for three days of expert conditioning on land.
There are two sessions with Roberto Pusinelli at his gym, Under Training, just cross the border in Switzerland, where we each receive personal one-on-one apnea and strengthening exercises. A perfect opportunity to enhance and improve your breath-hold diving.
Included are two days at the unbelievable Y40, in Montegrotto Terme, Italy, the world's deepest pool at 42 meters. Here, we will have an opportunity to focus on our breath-hold techniques with tips from our instructor Nicola Manfredi of Moving Limits. With both Nicola and Roberto by our side, we can push our safety limits safely with our exceptional Italian freedive instructors.
There is still plenty of time to hike and explore Lake Como.
On our last two days, we will be off to Florence, Italy for a fun filled adventure with our Italian hosts. After two days in Florence, we will visit Dynamo Camp in Tuscany, Italy and present our donation gift to the school. At the end of the scheduled trip, participants can choose to end with more time in Florence, or explore more of Italy on their own!
This is a very generous subsidized week for 6 participants over 8 days and 7 nights with 4 days of an excellent freediving conditioning and strengthening program.
1. Excellent freedive conditioning and strengthening program.
2. Housing for 8 days and 7 nights, 3 nights in Como, 2 nights near the Y40, and 2 nights in Florence.
3. Breakfast is included each day.
4. Costs for the 2 morning sessions of personal one-on-one apnea training with Roberto Pusinelli in his Under Training gym in Switzerland.
5. Costs for the admission for two full days at the Y40 pool training with Nicola Manfredi of Moving Limits and Roberto Pusinelli.
6. DFAC Team shirt, please tell me your size, and a copy of our current DiveIn Magazine.
1. Roundtrip airfare to Italy.
2. The group will share the van rental for the week with our Italian escorts, Nicola Manfredi and Roberto Pusinelli.
3. All sightseeing costs are the responsibility of each participant.
4. Lunches and dinners will be as a group but they are each individuals responsibility. There are plenty of local restaurants with meals averaging $25 pp.
Proceeds from the event will be donated to Dynamo Camp in Italy, founded by Paul Newman, which is the only Italian recreational therapy camp for children whose lives are compromised by severe illness. Their mission is to offer these children a period of relaxation and fun at no cost, while developing trust in their abilities and potential. Diving For A Cause is proud to create an unforgettable bond with this organization in Italy.
Non divers are welcomed to join their partners. They can observe the team at the Y40 and at Under Training in Switzerland. Then join the group on all the other excursions and activities on the trip for $2000
Please submit Application by April 30, 2022: Deposit of $1000 is due with the Liability Release and Express Assumption of Risk Form by April 30, 2023.
Final Payment of $1000 for the non diver and $1700 for the diver is due July 30, 2023
Refund Policy: I understand that Diving For A Cause will incur costs associated with reservations of hotels, Y40, and the Under Training Gym in Switzerland, to facilitate my participation in this event. I further understand that all of these costs are nonrefundable to DFAC. As such, in the event of my cancellation, and if I am unable to get a replacement, I recognize that any and all fees paid to Diving For A Cause in payment of my participation shall be non-refundable.